Tabs

5/18/2010

What a steal!

One thing that I have been spending a good deal of time looking for is an area rug for our great room. Because of the size of the room, I needed at least an 8x10 rug. Every single rug I found that I liked in that size was priced around $200 which was WAY more that I was hoping to spend.

On Saturday while James and I were at Lowe's buying materials for working on our yard, we decided to look at the rugs again since they have a HUGE selection. Well, lo and behold we found one we both liked on clearance for $150! We were planning on using a $10 off coupon plus the remaining money on a giftcard we got by cashing in our credit card reward points, so we thought this one was a great deal! But, when we went to actually get the rug they were sold out in the size we needed..NOOOOOOOOO!
The sales associate at Lowe's then checked other stores and said a store located about 25 mins. from our house had 3 in stock, but he couldn't guarantee that they were at the same price.....gah!

We ran home called them up and not only did they have 3 left, but they were $98!!!!!!! Uh, what?!! (I seriously thought the guy on the phone might have forgotten to say a 1 in front of those numbers) We printed off directions and trucked it to the other store. With our coupon and gift card we ended up only paying about $50 for this awesome rug:

I love that it has a print, but is still neutral. My first thought was that it would totally work when I wanted to change up the throw pillows and decor with the seasons and for holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment