Tabs

5/27/2010

Home Office Inspiration


Our third and smallest bedroom is designated as our home office space.
This is one of the only rooms that we didn't paint since we weren't really sure what all would end up in here. Currently we have a desk, file cabinet, old nightstand and dresser, and boxes full of our books. It is a completely boring mishmash.....BUT I have some plans in store for this space!!

1. COLOR
I'm thinking of painting just one accent wall to bring some color into the room!! Since it is small, with only 1 window I would like to keep the remaining walls the off-white builder color. I haven't decided on a color yet, but am thinking of a blue shade.
2. Bring in a daybed
The daybed I used for years growing up is currently in storage at my parents house. I'm planning to pull it out and give it a painting face lift. It is a white metal frame with gold accents. I'm hoping to spray the entire thing white and place it along the left wall with white and light blue bedding.
I found this pillow at Wal-mart and LOVED the colors and texture. Plus it only costs $10!
3. Book Shelves
Our desk right now is a black wood color and I would like to bring in 2 black book shelves for lots of storage. We both acquired lots of books throughout our graduate programs (plus I'm a librarian and LOVE to read) and we need amble storage and organization for all of them.
This simple/cheap book case will go next to the desk to store the bulk of our books.





While this cube organizer is actually intended for use in closets I think it would work perfectly along an accent wall with extra books and baskets.



Inspiration rooms:

This office by Centsational girl is lovely! I'm diggin the color scheme with blue, gray, and white. I also think the luxurious details like the chandelier, silver tray and satin pillows are nice touches to an office space.



I found this office designed by Vern Yip, on hgtv.com. I love the black furniture with white accents and small pops of color in the flowers.

I love the fun bright colors in this office. The space has a lot going on, but I love the built in bookshelves, overall color scheme and artwork on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment