Tabs

5/10/2010

Weekend Project

Since moving in I have been using this little bench at the vanity in the master bathroom.



Growing up my sister used this bench at the vanity in her room. The vanity was part of a matching furniture set that originally belonged to my mom! The furniture was all a tan/ivory color with greenish/goldish trim (if I am even remembering correctly!) My sister refinished this bench years ago to this cute blue. While I like it, the colors just didn't match what we have in our bathroom so I set out to give it another makeover!

I took off the seat and removed the gingham fabric



I set up in the garage to sand and re-paint the wood legs. I painted them an off white color using paint from our free gallon of wall color paint we got upon moving in. (I also added a protective poly topcoat)
I then recovered the seat using the cushion that was already on it and this fabric I picked up at Joann's.

Corners are hard to do!




TA DA!




Back in use:



I love the fabric pattern and I think it matches the slightly aqua wall color much better than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment