Tabs

5/13/2010

Powder Room

The powder room was one of the first places that I wanted to get mostly finished. Right after closing we tested a patch of green paint on the walls that we decided not to go with. It is our only bathroom downstairs and thus the main one anyone who is visiting would use. I was starting to get concerned that people were coming over and using this bathroom that had a random blob of green paint on the wall and not even a hand towel!
I don't have any good before pictures. I took this one mid-construction right after the sink had been installed (which is why it is so messy!)


This picture shows the powder rm. located directly off of the entry
Since it is a small space I wanted to keep the color bright. We went with a green shade:


In the corner I placed a vase that I picked up from TJ Maxx and filled with fake flowers from Joann Fabrics. You can also see a tiny bit of the light green bathroom rug I added. I looked around EVERYWHERE for the smallest rug in the right shade of green. I finally found this one at Kohls.

Above the toilet I had James hang a mini sized storage box for extra toilet paper and things. I wanted it to be small and have a glass door to keep the space feeling large.

It fits 2 rolls of toilet paper and a small storage box perfectly.
On top of the toilet I put some flowers from Michaels into a plain white vase I got from Target. And of course tissues!
And finally some hand towels from Meijer!


I'm still looking for some items to go on the walls. I'm thinking some prints in crisp white frames?

No comments:

Post a Comment