Tabs

5/19/2010

Front 'Porch'

The small area by our front door I wouldn't really call a porch. It is more like a front stoop or something like that. I think there is just enough space for a small bistro table and 2 chairs, but I really don't think we would ever use them. Plus I simply didn't want to spend the money on that right now!!
This past weekend I thought it was looking a little bare and boring, so I set out to liven things up on the cheap!

We got this table from my parents last summer and who knows how long they had it for! It certainly has seen better days.


Nothing a sanding and some spray paint can't fix!

While that was drying I worked on planting some flowers I got from Lowe's into cheap-o planters using my $1 garden shovel from Target (I couldn't resist the pink handle!)

I definitely don't have a green thumb, so I tried to pay attention to the information on the planter cards and give them some space in their pots.

After:

It's nothing fancy, but it gives it some color!

I have a little something from my mom to hang up on the siding right above the table and would love to get a fun summery doormat. They have the cutest ones out at stores right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment