Tabs

1/11/2010

Decor.

Even though we aren't moving in for over 3 months, I'm already decorating our house in my head! We will be transitioning from our 1200 sq. ft. 2 bedroom apartment to just over 2000 sq. ft. in our 2 story, 3 bedroom house. That is A LOT of new space that needs some decor!! This weekend I set out to find a few things on clearance and work on some small projects. I figure if I keep my eyes open for good deals I should be able to accumulate some good pieces so the house isn't completely bare when we move in.

Once of the first projects I worked on was framing posters from our rehearsal dinner. We had the dinner at a steakhouse and decided to have a western theme for fun. My sister made these awesome wanted posters that were hung up all over the room! They were made using a template and were printed on 4 sheets of regular printer paper and covered with contact paper. We wanted a nice and durable way to display them. I framed all 4 of the ones we had in these basic black frames from Michael's using the paper that came in the frame as a mat.

I used 18x24 sized frames. I think they turned out great!! We are planning on hanging them in the loft area upstairs!

This weekend I also found a decoration for our coffee table. I have been looking around for something kinda unique and affordable to go on our coffee table for quite some time! I found this candle holder on clearance at Kohl's for a few dollars. I got some cheap pillar candles at Michael's and VIOLA!

Right now this is on our coffee table in our apt. I'm not sure if I'll want to put it with our current furniture (that will be going in the loft) or in our great room downstairs. It just depends on what our new furniture ends up looking like. I thought this was a great piece since I can change out the pillar candles easily depending on the holiday, season or room decor!

Another decoration item I'm super excited about are these hurricanes my mom got me for Christmas:

She set them all up for me with potpourri and candles in red. I think they are so neat! I'm planning on putting them on our fireplace mantle in the great room downstairs.



I have TONS of other decoration ideas in my head right now! I think spreading out the purchasing of these items will not only be great for our budget, but help keep me excited for the house. I tend to get really antsy waiting for things, this gives me something to work on and keep my mind occupied up until move in day.

No comments:

Post a Comment