Tabs

3/26/2011

Project Progress

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am currently in the middle of several projects that are just waiting to be completed. I am one of those people who starts something filled with excitement, but will quickly move onto another project if I start to get bored. Here are some of the current projects that require the smallest amount of work to be completed:

1. Painted Wine Bottles

I’m planning to put these white wine bottles above our cabinets in the kitchen. I finally got them all painted, but they are still sitting on these bags in our garage just waiting for some touch ups before I can finally put them on display. I started collecting these wine bottles in early fall, so it’s about time I finish this!

2. Guest Room Desk/Chair

I am so close to finishing this! I wanted to give my childhood desk a facelift so I could continue to utilize it here in our new house. So far I have sanded and painted the desk. I replaced the hardware and moved it back into the guest room. The only thing I have left to do is poly the top. This should take no time, but for some reason I just haven’t done it! Also, the fact that Winne just destroyed this sponge brush yesterday has now set back completion of this project one more time Smile ha.

3. Hanging Pictures

I have three prints that I ordered of the Eifel tower to put in the guest room. I have already put them in frames, I just have yet to hang them above the bed. They have been sitting in frames for basically 10 months! yikes. I also have a print that needs to be reframed and hung in our entry along with our sorority/fraternity composite photos that I would like to put up in the office.

4. Rose Wreath

I made this rose wreath about a month ago and would like to hang it up in our master bedroom. I simply need to add a ribbon hook and hang the thing up!

 

As much as I would love to complete a few of these this weekend, I think we need to tackle the over 100 nail pops that we had fixed on Tuesday. Every room currently looks like this:

….which isn’t really the look I was going for. Better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment